Were You Injured In An Oil Field Accident?
Oil field work is dangerous. In recent years, we have seen a boom in domestic oil and natural gas production nationwide with local areas of intense development such as the Eagle Ford Shale, Bakken Shale and other areas. This rapid development has created many jobs, but it has also left many injured, disabled and even dead.
The Risk Of On-The-Job Fatigue
One of the reasons many accidents happen in the oil fields is worker exhaustion, causing many types of accidents.
Our firm is there to help with all types of oil field accidents, including:
- Oil field explosions and fires/pipeline explosions and fires — These types of accidents could leave you with lifelong recovery needs.
- Chemical burns and exposure — These types of accidents can be a result of neglect or unsafe work environments.
- Motor vehicle accidents — Distracted driving can turn a quick glance away into a catastrophic injury.
- Collapsed rigs and decks — Massive collapses can be a result of your employer failing to meet safety requirements.
- Defective equipment — When an employer fails to ensure your equipment is not up to par, you can be the one to suffer for it.
- Slip-and-fall accidents — Although these may not immediately seem serious, consequences of this can last a lifetime.
Know Who To Hold Accountable
If you received injuries as a direct result of your job, you will likely receive workers’ compensation. However, it might not be sufficient in covering the costs of your injury. Unfortunately, part of workers’ compensation means that you cannot sue your employer for more compensation, but there are other places we can help you look.
It is possible that a third party might also be responsible for your injury. It could be the manufacturer of a defective product, it could also be a third-party contractor from another company that caused an unsafe work environment. We will review all the details of the incident to confirm who is responsible.
Oil Field Accident Attorney Serving San Antonio And South Texas
At the Law Office of Michael R. De La Paz, we have more than 20 years of experience helping those who have been seriously injured, including injured oil field workers. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers, call 210-951-2244 or contact us online.
No attorney’s fees are collected unless we secure a recovery for you.
Se habla español.